Wednesday

A DIRTY STORY: PART II


It pays to pay attention to what's going on in your neighborhood. When I was driving home the other day I noticed they were excavating dirt from a construction site on my corner. Seeing as how I need dirt I was more than excited. Who would have guessed that I'd get excited by a mound of dirt by the sidewalk? Well I was. So I stopped to talk to the dirt man and he was a very nice guy who offered me the dirt for free. Problem is, I couldn't take it because I wanted a layer of gravel first to make sure the drainage is much better. We chatted for a while and it turned out he could get a great deal on gravel and he has lots of other free dirt. So he came over and looked at the job, I answered all of his questions right away because I've been researching the crap out of this for weeks. Then he had the genius idea of all time which was not to break any holes in my walls but actually LIFT THE DIRT OVER THE WALL from the outside!!! Why no one thought of this it's beyond me. Anyway this guy seemed very smart and thorough and then he gave me a bid which was thousands less than anyone else so, I decided it was time to get dirty!!!

Coming up: Gettin' Dirty!