Monday

GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!


Problem is...I don't want to wait. The folks at HGTV were kind enough to let us know that we were not on the "no" pile which means we were very much, quite possibly, likely considered to have a good shot at maybe being a possible subject for the show. We'd have to wait a few months until they got around to us.

What you don't hear is the sound of the digital satellite channel changing.

While we appreciate their consideration and are very grateful for the surly casting director who came over and asked us stupid questions on camera, we still have a nine-foot hole in the back yard and a toddler whose nose is pressed up to the window saying, "where water?" Since said toddler is turning two in January and the house will be filled with similar little people we have to scramble to get this thing done.

Lots of synthetic grass people have been by to tell us why theirs is the only product we should consider otherwise it will ruin our lives. I seriously would have used the (NAME REDACTED) product but the women who came to give me an estimate were closing me so hard that I wanted to throw them in the empty pool.

I think I found a guy who seems to know what he's talking about with regards to the plasti-grass. I have to time it so he can install the stuff immediately after the dirt is dumped and compacted. I don't want the dirt sitting around just in case it rains here in Southern California. One-hit-wonder Albert Hammond could not have been more wrong. It DOES rain in Southern California and when it does it's G.D. biblical.

So, timing is of the essence. More fun tidbits on fake grass to come.