Monday

LATER THAT DAY...






After a few terse phone calls and emails sent out in the late morning I received this email:


Hey Wendy -

Rest easy - we've finished the job that we thought was going to take us the better part of the day, so were heading over to start moving base material into place. (NAME REDACTED) from our Construction Management Division is trying to reach you, however is unable to with the number he has. Do you have another number he can reach you at?

should be moving within the hour or shortly thereafter. thanks.


At 1:00 decomposed granite or some similar product was dumped in front of my house. A few minutes later several workers loaded it into the site and graded and compacted it. They also carried in what looks to be the plastic grass but it's wrapped in plastic so it's hard to tell.

Here's the thing...I run a business in which I'm fortunate enough to provide my services to hugely powerful and influential people. I make it a rule to hit every deadline and give my clients my full attention, respect and service at all times. If I fail to do so I probably won't work for them or any of their associates again and I need money so I can do projects like fill in my pool and cover it with fake grass. Unfortunately I have an expectation from anyone I hire to provide the same level of service and respect to me that I provide to my clients. Is that unrealistic? Almost certainly.

I've been assured this project will be finished tomorrow.