Thursday

DIRTY DIRTY DIRT







DAY ONE - The dirt man pulled up in front of my house, dumped three truckloads of dirt and a truckload of gravel in the street and then left cause it was raining.

DAY TWO - It rained and the dirt man did not show up.

DAY THREE - Light drizzle and by 10:00 am no dirt man. I apologized to my neighbors for the giant mounds of dirt and gravel in front of my house but they were totally cool. I called the dirt man and asked if he planned on moving the dirt from my street to the pool. He said he'd be there later. He got there around 11 and loaded some of the dirt into the pool.

DAY FOUR - They were shooting a commercial two doors down from my house so whenever the dirt man started his bobcat they'd come by and ask him to shut it down for a while. This is after I spoke with the location manager who assured me they were not rolling any sound and my dirt man could work as much as he wanted. I'm sorry I believed the location manager and now for the rest of my life I will not trust them ever. Which, if you've ever dealt with a location manager you'd know is actually a pretty good rule of thumb.

DAY FIVE - I explained to the dirt man that I had a very strict deadline for him. Because of the short week due to the holiday there was no wiggle room for him to mess around anymore. He had to finish quickly and then I had to get it inspected by the city before the fake grass arrived for installation. The dirt man sensed my nervousness and hired some helpers. He finished that day.

About 20 feet of grass in the parkway is completely gone due to the bobcat. However, there was no damage to my wall whatsoever and the cost of new sod is nothing compared to repairing a ten-foot hole in my wall. The dirt man cleaned up everything very well and aside from some mud in the street in front of my house and the missing grass it's all just fine.

Now I'm hoping that the city inspector shows up on Wednesday cause the grass is scheduled to go in Thursday.

Up next - the fake grass!!!