Friday

I BOUGHT SOME GRASS



I have finally made a decision. After much consideration I have decided to purchase the synthetic grass from the local company with the fancy car-driving salespeople and the long-winded comment writer. Freud might say that comment writer has Blog Envy but that would mean that Freud would have to know what a blog was and I'm pretty sure Freud wasn't surfing the interweb cause Al Gore hadn't invented it yet. But seriously, this blog has 'unconscious mind' written all over it, am I right people? Anyhoo, after some back and forth I got them to drop their price two dollars per square foot so their installed price was $8.00 per foot which was comparable to everyone else. Several of my friends who have had the stuff installed by the same company paid a much higher price so I feel somewhat better about my deal. Since they also claim that their installations are unparalleled and their talented installers use techniques taught to them by Tibetan monks or some other mumbo jumbo I'm using them to install the stuff, too. I'd be happy to mention their name, feature their logo and even hyperlink to their site but that would require an additional discount.

The grass is set to go in at the end of the month. Now I have to coordinate the dirt guy and make sure the site is prepped and inspected/approved by the city before the fake grass arrives. All in all, the dirt is the most important part of this whole project. It has to be installed and compacted properly or the whole thing will be a giant plastic sink hole.

Is that a dump truck I hear outside my window?